Spread on both banks of the Dnieper River, Zaporozhye is one of the largest regional centers of Ukraine – a remarkable industrial and cultural center, and an important river port. Known across the world as the Cossacks’ motherland, Zaporozhye continues to protect its traditions. Tourists come here not only to be amazed by its unique sights, but also to experience the history of the Ukrainian people and to feel the powerful spirit of freedom that was endowed to the city by the Cossacks.
Must-do things in Zaporozhye
- Visit the largest river island in Europe
- To try oneself in the part of a Ukrainian Cossack
- To take a swim in the Cossack galley "Seagull"
- To see the exhibition of Antique Cars
- To see the only hydropower station, located in the center of the city