Spread on both banks of the Dnieper River, Zaporozhye is one of the largest regional centres of Ukraine – a remarkable industrial and cultural centre and an important river port. Known across the world as the Cossacks’ motherland, Zaporozhye continues to protect its traditions. Tourists come here to be amazed by its unique sights and experience the history of the Ukrainian people and feel the powerful spirit of freedom that was endowed to the city by the Cossacks.
Must-do things in Zaporozhye
- Visit the largest river island in Europe.
- To try oneself in the part of a Ukrainian Cossack
- To take a swim in the Cossack galley “Seagull.”
- To see the exhibition on Antique Cars.
- To see the only hydropower station, located in the centre of the city.