Customs and immigration
Residents and non-residents may go through “green channel” without filling in a customs declaration form in the following cases:
1. If they do not carry:
- Currency belonging to a legal entity;
- Precious metals (ingots);
- Weapons, explosives, drugs and dangerous substances or medication;
- Radioactive materials;
- Historic or artistic materials, musical instruments;
- Printed items, audio and audiovisual materials or other information-carrying media;
- Flora or fauna, their components or by-products.
2. If they carry up to:
- Currency: €10 000 or the equivalent, including Ukrainian currency and traveler’s cheques (arrivals and departures);
- Alcohol: spirits – 1 litre; wine – 2 litres; beer – 5 litres;
- Tobacco products: 200 cigarettes (or 200 g);
- Food products for personal consumption, not exceeding a value of € 50or equivalent, products of animal origin excluded (arrivals).
If you are carrying articles, as specified in item 1 and/or excees of sums as specified in item 2, you must pass customs control through the “red channel”, after filling in a customs declaration.
Residents and non-residents must declare any cash sum to be taken out in excess of the above-mentioned figures. Customs declaration form must also be filled in if you bring in more than €10 000 or the equivalent in national currency. Sums brought into Ukraine may not exceed the amount of local currency previously taken out of the country.
Persons have a right to bring in or take out of Ukraine up to 500 grams in precious metals, provided they fill in a declaration form.
Precious metals exceeding 500 grams may be taken through Ukrainian Customs only when the passenger has a valid individual export and fills in a declaration form.